Moves to share legal information on an international basis are becoming quite pronounced. The world is also strongly requesting that Japan’s legal information be provided to the world.
At the same time, what the world expects is not only a simple provision of this information, but also translation of Japan’s laws and regulations into foreign languages, the development of translation technology, and research and development on mechanisms for sharing the world’s legal information.
This center was established in order to meet such global requirements.
Researchers in Graduate School of Law and Graduate School of Information Science, Nagoya University have teamed up to provide Japanese legal information services and send out the results of legal information research not only to Japan but to the entire world as well.
In the future, as Japan’s representative center researching and issuing legal information, our aim is to contribute to the international sharing of legal information by providing high value-added legal information.
- Base for issuing English translations of Japanese legal information
- Provision of Japanese legal information to overseas
- Base for supporting interchange and development with other Asian nations
- Research and development concerned with legal reform
- Research on legal information processing and research aimed at global standardization of legal information
- Base for research on comparative law, primarily with the rest of Asia